Monday 31 August 2015

How to Quickly Stop People from Holding you Back

Relationships, business, work, health, mind, ever wanted to change or improve something in your life but somebody is in the way? Someone is stopping you or annoying you or not letting you do what you want to do?

Do you ever utter the words, if only my boss would give me that promotion then I could get the new car I want. I wish my boyfriend would stop putting me down then I would be so happy.  If only my parents would give me more pocket money then I could go on that holiday with my friends?

What if I told you that there is a solution to your problem, that there is an answer to that person or situation 'getting in your way'?

3 years ago I wouldn't have believed you. I would blame others for where I was in my life, that I was unhappy or didn't have enough money or time and wasn't living the dream I'd hoped for. Until a situation forced me to look at myself at the choices I had made.


What I realised was that I was where I was because of me, myself! Nobody held a gun to my head and said I must be in that relationship or be working with this person or doing that job.I realised the choice was mine.

"The degree to which you accept responsibility for everything in your life is 
precisely the degree of personal power you have to change or create anything in your life" 
- Hal Elrod

By not making my own decisions and desires clear to myself and others, I was unconsciously choosing to let others lead me and let them make decisions for me, which in the long run I wasn't happy with, so how could I blame those people?

I want to tell you this so that you don't make the same mistakes that I did.

Whatever situation we are in is actually of our own making. At first I was so scared of this revelation, it meant I had to look at myself, that I was responsible for me and my own happiness.

After sometime sitting with this I got very excited and began to feel empowered. I am in control!!! I decide my future, just like you do!!

We have the power to change anything we aren't happy with!! A great book that helped me with this is 'how to get from where you are to where you want to be' by jack Canfield.  I highly recommend it, especially if you are looking to take control of your life or are in a situation be is work, relationship, living situation that you are not happy with.

Please don't spend time moaning about others, what they are or aren't doing for you or how they are treating you, when you have the power to change any situation you aren't happy with!




















A friend of mine was always complaining about Facebook and how there were people on her timeline venting about their relationships or work and it made her so frustrated!  We spoke about it at length and she realised she had the option to change her frustration, she could either leave Facebook or delete/unfollow the people whom frustrated her.  Right then and there she unfollowed all the people whose comments frustrated her and she stopped moaning!! She changed from frustrated to empowered in an instant! Simple as that!

I hope you found this useful, please share any revelations you have had recently or any advice you have to help shift from an unhappy situation in to a positive place :-)

Love Ashly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments :-) contact me on twitter @AshlyLondon I would love to chat with you xxx